[mrtg] Any has a Fix for this "RunAsDaemon: yes"

Feijo, Fernando Fernando.Feijo at aaronrents.com
Fri Apr 11 16:44:15 CEST 2008

I did a lame work-around on the problem. I am on the same boat, same
message. Except that for me the graphs do not work, so the problem is a
show stopper, not an annoyance.

The work around was to create a four-line batch file:

:forever

perl mrtg lixo.cfg

sleep 300

goto forever

I then scheduled a task to run every time the computer boots, with the
batch above. Hardly the stuff of dreams, but it has been working for a
few weeks, and hopefully it will hang on until a fix is found.

Fernando