[mrtg] graph of multi interface usage

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 5 00:19:58 CEST 2008

I'm assuming that these OIDs are correct and are returning a total number of calls placed.  If they are not then the whole thing will be not working.

Firstly, you MUST use TWO OIDS for EACH Target.  If you are using a calculation (as you are) each part MUST have TWO.  So,
 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.2&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.2:xxxx at 222.xxx.xxx.xx + 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.3&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.3:xxxx at 222.xxx.xxx.xx
This should work, although you probably want Option 'noo' to suppress the second in the graph.

Your graph will currently show the number of calls per second over both counters.  This may result in a rather small number, so you might like to have options 'perminute' or 'perhour'.   Your MaxBytes says the max PER SECOND over both interfaces is 46.

You've specified option gauge, but if the OIDs are 'currently in use' (which needs gauge) rather than 'total count' (which doesn't) then you will not be able to get a total number over a day as this requires a rate.

You will need to specify a Legend1 and Legend3 else it will potentially suppress all lines.

If you are using the Routers2 frontend, you might like to do this via two separate Targets, and then define a User Defined stacked graph over the pair with a Total line.  Also, Routers2 will give you a running total for the previous 24hrs, 1week, 1month, etc if you have the 'percentile=yes' option.  In this case, you could also put both OIDs on one Target:

Probably we would need to know more detail about exactly what the OIDs hold and in what format before we can give better advice.

Steve

________________________________
From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of David Kim

I'd like to graph multi interface usage in a one target as below.
Telroad is our carrier and they are connected in port 7/2 and 7/3 . I'd like to monitor how many calls get through from Telroad 24 hours.

Target[gw2.Telroad]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.2:xxxx at 222.xxx.xxx.xx + 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.9.1.3.7.3:xxxx at 222.xxx.xxx.xx
MaxBytes[gw2.Telroad]: 46
Title[gw2.Telroad]: Telroad CA calls
PageTop[gw2.Telroad]: <H1>Local calls </H1>
Unscaled[gw2.Telroad]: ymwd
ShortLegend[gw2.Telroad]: calls
YLegend[gw2.Telroad]: calls
Legend1[gw2.Telroad]:
Legend2[gw2.Telroad]:
Legend3[gw2.Telroad]:
Legend4[gw2.Telroad]:
LegendI[gw2.Telroad]: calls
LegendO[gw2.Telroad]:
Colours[gw2.Telroad]: VIOLET#4682b4,GREEN#ffffff,BLUE#0000ff,GRAY#AAAAAA
Options[gw2.Telroad]: growright,gauge,nopercent