[mrtg] New Mrtg Server very high CPU usage.

Mersberger, Robert robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
Tue Aug 12 15:24:55 CEST 2008

 Thanks for the input. I am currently doing some of what you suggested
and it has helped greatly.
I still run the same cron job but now read a directory that contains
only 6 different .cfg files.  these 6 files filed with include: only
statement that point back to all the actual device cfg flies. I don't
run as a daemon or use forks.  when my cron job runs it now runs 6 tasks
at a time where before the use of include cfg's we were trying to run
someplace in the neighborhood of 560 tasks and using 100% cpu.  Running
the current 6 tasks is show cpu usage of about 60% and task run time has
been good.

Thanks for all you input.

Final question: is possible to use Forks: with out running as a Daemon?