[mrtg] How to setup the mrtg for monitoring more things

Edward Leung edwardspl.mo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:23:07 CEST 2008

Dear Steve,

1, Sorry, I don't quit to familar with SNMP...
So, please never mind !

2, Did you means :
2.1 For monitoring the Network INT, we needn't to know any info of SNMP, due
to the mrtg will auto detect by using the following command line, rgiht ?
cfgmaker public at ipaddress
2.2 For monitoring other hardware ( such as CPU, HD and Ram ) of the Server
machines and it is running with Windwos OS System, we need to know the OIDs
( including SNMP port / INT ) and configure the MRTG target definitions,
right ?

So, for my problem is :
How can we know the OIDs ( including SNMP port / INT ) and configure the
MRTG target definitions for measuring the CPU, HD and Ram of the Server
machine ?
I just need the report about the output of usage percentage....
Is there the assistant tools and sample config file for doing this report ?

Many thanks for your help !

Edward.