[mrtg] Want to monitor System temperature of 2811 router -Need OID

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Aug 26 19:38:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 12:09 -0500, Mersberger, Robert wrote:
> I would like to monitor the system temperature that is shown when one
> doe the show env command on the router.
> Would anyone know the OID that I would need to use to accomplish this
> or maybe have a better solution.

It depends on the platform.  For most recent versions of IOS, it will be
in the CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB.  The OID will vary by platform and boot.

If you look at the templates that I posted on Steve's site, I have an
example of trolling the entity-sensor-mib at the bottom of the IOS
Modularity template.  Obviously, you would need to do a bit of research
to determine the appropriate type of sensor to poll and what other
criteria make it "interesting".  On the 6500 series platforms there are
4 sensors on every card, and monitoring that many temperature settings
isn't terribly useful.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy