[mrtg] mrtg, cron and exim problem...

Jakub M burakozol at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:38:50 CET 2008

I have noticed a problem at junction of MRTG, cron and exim, so mot
'pure' mrtg problem, but you might know the solution. I receive on a
local mail regularly informations:

/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `then'
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `root      if [ -x /usr/bin/mrtg ] && [ -r
/etc/mrtg/mrtg-vlan-traffic.cfg ]; then env LANG=C /usr/
bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg-vlan-traffic.cfg >> /var/log/mrtg/mrtg.log 2>&1; fi'

that is send by Cron Daemon. But the line is a original line that
should run MRTG and normally, when I try it in a command line, it
works. Do you have any Idea what's going on?