[mrtg] MRTG-bugs

nangineni praneeth nv_2030 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 00:27:42 CET 2008

h!i am sorry i am attaching the complete config file,the log file and the graphs to describe the situation...........

The values below the graph

             Max                average
Out
   4959.0 B/s

1271.0 B/s

16.0 B/s
I have three issues...

 The
logfile entries dont match......I dont know the reason.......I have
exported the values to excel sheet and took the average...It did not
match with the value mrtg is showing in the graph....The polling is
occuring fine....I have checked the logfile and the difference between
each poll is 300 sec

The green colour graph......As one of the
member  suggested it could be that MRTG while representing the
greencolour graph shades the area under it.......Thanks a ton to him

The
traffic that cisco router shows..i.e the 5 min input average rate is
not matching with the rate MRTG is showing...MRTG is showing a higher
traffic rate.......I did a sh interface to observe the traffic at the
same when MRTG is polling the device........

Regards
Venkat.....