[mrtg] Wiki -- Its time

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Jan 18 08:30:32 CET 2008

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 20:00 -0700, Eric Brander wrote:
> On 12/24/07, Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
> > All:
> > I'd say that it's time for an official Wiki.  Thoughts?  Use the TRAC?

I setup:
 http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg-trac/wiki/OidList

WIKIs normally evolve in an evolutionary manor, but to help give some
initial guidance, I set it up as such:

Organized By:
 SNMP Agents by Network Vendor ¶ (neutral)
 POSIX Operating System Agents ¶ (Varies based on uname)
 Application AgentX/Sub?-Agents ¶ (platform/machine independant)

For SNMP Agents by Network Vendor, i imagine we'll organize by:
[Vendor] --> [Series / Family / Line] --> [Model] --> [OID]

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg-trac/wiki/Cisco

Hierarchies can almost never be more than 3-deep in a Wiki.

As time permits, I will feed my contributions upstream.

~BAS