[mrtg] cfgmaker using selective interface.

Mersberger, Robert robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
Tue Jul 22 18:59:12 CEST 2008

Is it possible to setup cfgmaker to only poll specific interfaces?
Example: I have routers with multiple subinterface but I only want to
poll the primary interfaces like fa0/0, fa0/1 and se0/0/0.  I would like
to be able to do this with cfgmaker because right now I run cfgmaker
then edit the created cfg file and either remove or comment out the
interface I do not want to monitor.  This creates problems when I have
to recreate the cfg file after a routers configuration changes, like
when a port speed in up dated.

Here is what my current cfgmaker looks like
/usr/bin/cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /usr/local/rrd_data' --global
'LogFormat: rrdtool' --global 'PathAdd: /usr/bin/' --global
'routers.cgi*Options[_]: scaled' --global 'Options[_]: bits,growright'
--ifref=name --snmp-options=:::::1 --output /etc/mrtg/00014.cfg
community at 10.x.x.254

hope this makes sense and you can provide some assistance.

Robert Mersberger
LAN Consultant, Information Technology
Phone 479-201-3442
Fax 479-478-3837
Email robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
www.Goldenliving.com
Golden Living
1000 Fianna Way
Fort Smith, AR 72919

 <<Mersberger, Robert.vcf>>

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively, this 'Email') are intended
only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient named above or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient named above, you have received this Email in error.
Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this Email and any copies thereof.