[mrtg] (no subject)

Thu Jun 12 16:29:28 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Mark Tohill <Mark at u.tv> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer as to what may be wrong with the following?
>
> #UDP JITTER
>
> Target[UDPJITTER-RTTLATEST]:`/usr/local/mrtg-2.13.1/bin/RTTSumIn`&`/usr/local/mrtg-2.13.1/bin/RTTSumIn`:secret at 192.168.10.1

Mark,

Your syntax is wrong on the target line. Also, your external script
needs adjustment.

First, the script needs to output a minimum of 2 numbers.

Second, you only need to call the script once on the target line, with
no secret or address.

Target[UDPJITTER-RTTLATEST]:`/usr/local/mrtg-2.13.1/bin/RTTSumIn`

See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html and search
for "External Monitoring Scripts".

And just a side note. I install my MRTG just as you did in /usr/local
however I create a symbolic link to it at /usr/local/mrtg and run
everything using that path. That way when there is a new version of
MRTG all I need to do is install it to its own directory and then
change the link.

HTH,

Eric Brander