[mrtg] Retreiving a Threshold from a DB in Host Templates.

Martin Rheumer martinr at hotkey.net.au
Mon Jun 23 10:33:00 CEST 2008

Gday,

I have an interesting idea from one of our network gurus. They are wondering
if using host templates I can retrieve a value from our mrtg - mysql database
and insert it into a cfgmaker polled router config setting the threshold to
a certain value.
ie.

during the cfgmaker run it finds

Gi0/3

then using a mysql query ( yes I can program this in perl )

select threshold from mrtg_db where port = 'Gi0/3'

set the

ThreshMaxI = $mrtg_db{threshold)

if anyone has achieved this or similar and would like to share I would be
much appreciative.

Martin