[mrtg] Modifying MRTG MaxBytes

Joel Roberts Joel.Roberts at pinkardcc.com
Thu Mar 6 21:01:24 CET 2008

I have a remote office that has a 1.5 Mbps DSL connection. Behind the
DSL connection is a Netscreen firewall with 10 Mbps interfaces. I want
to modify the MRTG config file so that it shows percentages based on a
1.5 Mbps connection rather than the 10 Mbps interface. I changed
MaxBytes to 193000 which is the data rate for our 1.5 Mbps T1 at the
main office, but the graphs are now reporting a 12.5 Mbytes/s
connection.

Is there any way to force this to a 193.0 kBytes/s statistic like the T1
interface in our main office? The option for bits is remarked out, but
it is in our home office as well.