[mrtg] rrdtool backend

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:39:27 CET 2008

I've decided to try mrtg with the rrdtool backend, and as expected,
the change used my mrtg logs and created rrd dbs. What I didn't expect
was some of the rrds, network related, seem to have only two DSs: MAX,
and AVERAGE. I was hoping to continue to use mrtg for data collection,
and a custom frontend to display graphs, but some of the queries I'd
like to make rely on having DSs like MIN, and LAST as well. I've been
through the mrtg reference and didn't seem to see anything related to
how the rrd dbs are created, or how to specify how they're created.
I'm guessing due to the way mrtg deals with the data it pulls from
snmp, scripts etc, mrtg doesn't have as detailed entries as custom rrd
updates?

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com