[mrtg] Converting data FROM rrd format TO log files

Matthew Petach mpetach at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 19:09:15 CET 2008

So, going from log files to rrd files is pretty well documented;
but I'm not finding any listings for moving data from rrd files
back to log files; are there any migration HOWTOs out there
that the search page isn't finding, or am I pretty much on
my own for cooking up a tool to take rrdtool output and
munge it back into usable .log file form?  Our site uses
the log file format for all our storage, and we've recently
acquired a company which uses .rrd files, so to integrate
them into our monitoring framework and preserve historical
data, we'd like to convert the 194,371 .rrd files they have
into MRTG-2 log files.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt