[mrtg] losing data

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed May 7 09:15:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 02:13:00PM -0500, Jonathan Carpenter wrote:
> I seem to only be able to keep one day of mrtg data. the next day all of my
> past history is gone. Can someone please tell me what can cause this or what
> I can check?

Look for a nightly cron job which looks for *.log files and
automatically truncates them, perhaps after making a backup.

For instance:  http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/logrotate8.html

If you find such a program running on your computer, you either
need to teach it not to touch your mrtg files, or you need to
move your mrtg files to a directory where that logrotator doesn't
look.

HTH
Alex