[mrtg] Bug in logscale

Fred Zwarts F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Wed May 7 11:23:16 CEST 2008

We are currently using MRTG 2.12.2.
For some of the graphs we use the logscale option,
because we want to see not only the peaks, but also the "grass".
For some graphs it helps a bit, but for some graphs the grass is still not visible.
It seems that the lower limit of the Y-axis is not calculated correctly.
It now shows a lower limit of 0, which certainly is a bug, as the log of 0 is not displayable.
Between the other tick marks of the Y-axis there is always a factor between 3 and 4.
This is too small for some cases. I think the lower limit of the Y-axis for the logscale
option should be the half minimum of the values in the graph (excluding 0).
This would make it even possible to see when the rate is 0.

Is this problem fixed in newer versions of MRTG?
I noticed that version 2.16 is released and I wonder whether upgrading would help.