[mrtg] Difference between last two log points not working.

spacelobsters spacelobsters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:03:04 CET 2008

My target script's output looks like this:
3374
0
256657 seconds (71 hours)
requests, 0 requests/s (tcp and udp)

And every 5 minutes mrtg is run, there are around 5 requests each 5 minutes.
So the next value of TCP requests would be 3374 + 5

I'd like MRTG to plot the difference between the last plot and this current
one, e.g. 5.

Here's my mrtg.cfg
When I add the option gauge I either get the total amount of connections
from all time,
i.e. 3374, and absolute get's me around 12. Leaving absolute and gauge away
from options gives me 0 values in the log file.

EnableIPv6: no
WorkDir: /var/www/mrtg
Options[_]:
YSize[_]: 180

pagetop[requests]: <h1>requests</h1><hr>
target[requests]: `links -source http://localhost/script?c=requests`
maxbytes[requests]: 100000000
title[requests]: connection requests
options[requests]: growright, nopercent