[mrtg] Router interface traffic/ Y axis range limit

Gayan S. Amarasiri gayan.amarasiri at dialog.lk
Wed Nov 19 13:06:11 CET 2008

Hi,

To monitor the traffic in a router normally I uses the following
commands in MRTG server.

cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /var/www/html/mymrtg' --output
/etc/mrtg/mymrtg.cfg public at 192.168.3.1

indexmaker --output=/var/www/html/mymrtg/index.html --title="Traffic in
Router" /etc/mrtg/mymrtg.cfg

This is work fine. But I want to limit the Y axis range in the graph.
For example if one interface traffic normally lie on the range 1Kbyte to
50Kbyte. In some time duration it grows to 120Kbyte. In this case Y axis
range is normally 0 to 1000Kbyte. Now I want to limit it to 0-100Kbyte,
so that I can easily view the abnormal conditions in the  traffic.

How can I do this. Think we can do it by the indexmaker command easily.
Please reply.

Thanks & BR,
Gayan Amarasiri

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Any unauthorized reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.