[mrtg] cfgmaker & Foundry routers

Patrick Topping ptopping at pobox.com
Fri Oct 10 15:43:55 CEST 2008

I have several pieces of Foundry equipment and I have not been able to
get cfgmaker to pick up the ifAlias ( interface descriptions ).  I have
tried using both --ifref=descr  --ifdesc=descr but no luck.  I checked
the ifAlias to make sure that it was there and contained the proper port
names / descriptions and there isn't any problems there.  Below is my
cfgmaker command:

cfgmaker --output=/etc/mrtg/XXXXX.cfg--global "workdir:
/var/www/mrtg/rrd" --ifref=descr  --ifdesc=descr --global 'op
tions[_]: growright,bits' XXXX at XXXXXX:::::2 --no-down

I am hoping someone else has had this problem and found a way to work
around it.  I have checked the Web for answers but I am not coming up
with anything.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

-Patrick