[mrtg] integrating rrdtool with MRTG on Solaris 10

anjini shukla anjinishukla at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 20:28:37 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I am trying to install rrd tool on my Solaris 10 machine.
I tried installing from the sunfreeware website, installation goes fine and
i was able to use commands like  create, update and get a speed.png
I try to integrate my working MRTG with RRD, but I am not able to execute
the command: ppm install rrds.ppd
because there is no rrds.ppd

Then I downloaded the source code, and did a ./configure
it complains for libart, i installed it from source but it still complaints
cannot find "checking for libart_lgpl/libart.h... no"
What should I do to get off these errors..? I have installed libart from
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs/libart_lgpl-2.3.17.tar.gz
./configure, make , make install  --without any error

Thanks a lot for help in advance,
Anjini