[mrtg] Recommended Book

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 8 01:50:40 CEST 2008

To the best of my knowledge, the only book which deals specifically with MRTG as a monitoring tool is due to be published at the end of October, and an announcement will be posted to this list once it becomes available for order.  If you attend LISA08 in San Diego this year, you'll be able to see (or even obtain) a copy (this is where it will be officially launched), else it will be available to order online.

The book is 6"x9", 326 pages, and expected to retail for about US$30.  It deals primarily with MRTG using RRDtool and the Routers2 frontend, but also covers stand-alone MRTG under both Windows and UNIX.

I am slightly biased in recommending it, though, since I wrote it...  However, Tobi Oetiker was sufficiently impressed to write the Introduction, so it can't be all that bad.

Steve

          is there any Network Monitoring concerning book which includes MRTG as monitoring tool.?? As the official documents isn't much comfortable for a newbie :|