[mrtg] cfgmaker with snmp3 bintec - authentification

uve.hayden.lists at quirlum.de uve.hayden.lists at quirlum.de
Fri Sep 12 11:41:17 CEST 2008

>> ok. - cfgmaker know to use the protocol v3 - then this:
>> cfgmaker --username=`read` --authpassword=`secretword`
>> --authprotocol=`md5` 192.168.33.254:161::::3
>> output: nothing - no reaction...
>
> It may just be a typo, but make sure you have the normal quotes: '
rather
> than backquotes: ` in your command.  Backquotes have a different meaning
to the shell and may confuse things.  For example, 'read' is a shell
command that waits for input, and backquotes will try to execute it, so
your command will hang waiting for input... which is what you are
experiencing, yes?

> Steve

Mua! Yes - a absurd attempt! But I think, I find the source for the problem:
-> https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/mrtg/2006-November/032059.html My OS
arrived with mrtg 2.14.5 and the failure-output is like the above : "SNMP
V3 requires a --username parameter as part of the User"

Thank! Uve