[mrtg] Graph Based Port

Petr Janda prcek at netbox.cz
Wed Sep 17 15:25:15 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:04:41PM +0700, jetbar wrote:
> I am newbie in MRTG,
>
> Need from all of you. Can you give me suggestion to solve my problem. I want
> to make graph based on port, so I can see how much traffic using FTP (port
> 21), Email (port 25), Web (port 80). Please give me suggestion or advice.
>

> Thanks before

Hello

You didn`t written system on which you want collect data.
On linux you probably can use iptables which provide counters about packets/bytes
matched by rule.
By ipac-ng software is possible to generate statistics per IP but I don`t know if
per port too.

btw. port 21 in FTP is used for control connection, data connections are created
on demand on dynamic ports. kernel module ip_conntrack_ftp could help.

--
Petr "Prcek" Janda