[mrtg] Using hrSystemUptime with RouterUptime

Steve Brown sbrown25 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:43:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Steve Brown <sbrown25 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From the MRTG documentation examples:
>>
>> RouterUptime[kacisco.comp.edu]: hrSystemUptime.0:public at 194.64.66.250
>>
>> If you do not give the 'OID:' prefix then it defaults to the normal uptime counter.
>
> Correct.  I have tried both of these lines (independently, of course):
>
> RouterUptime[test]: hrSystemUptime.0:public at 192.168.1.1
> RouterUptime[test]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.1:public at 192.168.1.1
>
> However, I get the same error from MRTG with either of these lines.

So is there an answer to this?  Or is this just a known issue with mrtg?

How about a different approach: Where would I have to modify the mrtg
perl script to make it use hrSystemUptime *by default* instead of
sysUpTime?  I can handle the perl, but finding where it selects this
value is a bit daunting.