[mrtg] OIDs for Cisco 7613, 7609 & CRS-1

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sat Apr 11 17:09:16 CEST 2009

Mick  writes:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009, Kashif Siddiq Patoli wrote:
>> I want to monitor temperature (both inlet and outlet temperature) , cpu, &
>> Optical Tx/Rx Power  for Cisco 7609, 7613, & CRS-1 Routers.
>>
>> Can you plz let  me know the Cisco OIDs to implement the required
>> monitoring?

> I don't have these OIDs, but if you run snmpwalk you should be able to choose
> from what the router returns.

I'm not sure how practical this advice is, as a full snmpwalk will take
a long time and produce lots of output that isn't easy to grep through.
If you still want to do it this way, at least consider using
snmpbulkwalk (with SNMPv2 or v3), which traverses the MIBs a bit faster.

> Also, have you searched through these:
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/3party.en.html

That's a pretty useful pointer.  Hm, maybe one could build some kind of
Wiki or other open collaboration platform (with comment option) to
collect this kind of information.

Coming back to the original question:

For RP CPU readings, you could use OLD-CISCO-SYS-MIB::avgBusy5.0
(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0).  If you want to access all CPUs (RP, SP,
DFCs), use CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5minRev
(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.8)

DOM/transceiver monitoring values such as optical Tx and Rx power can be
accessed using CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB, in particular entSensorValue
(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.4).  The indexing is somewhat tricky because
it refers to the highly structured SENSOR-MIB.

The temperatures could also be retrieved using entSensorValue, but it
may be easier to get them from
CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue
(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3).
--
Simon.