[mrtg] Nothing displayed in the graphs

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Apr 16 17:00:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 09:05 -0500, Jensen, Mark wrote:
> Hello, I have a current MRTG page setup by the person I have replaced.
> I have the new switch up and running on the page I can see all of the
> interfaces and their graphs but nothing is displayed in the graphs.

>  Can anyone tell me what piece of this I am missing?  Thank you

Not without a lot more information...

1.  What OS is mrtg running on?
2.  How is mrtg invoked?  (cron?  runasdaemon? some windows scheduler
like firedaemon?)
3.  How was the configuration generated?
4.  What log messages do you see?
5.  What backend are you running (rateup or rrdtool - look for a
LogFormat: statement).
6.  How are graphs displayed? (rateup-generated files dropped in a
apache directory?  rrdtool graphs in a routers2.cgi front-end?
Something else?)

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy