[mrtg] Trying to upgrade from 2.10 to 2.16.2

Christopher Noyes cnoyes at csc.com
Tue Apr 21 12:31:32 CEST 2009

If you have a shared GD library, you'll need to move it (or just rename
it) in order to build MRTG.  If you are using RRDtool, then mrtg really
isn't using the GD library so it shouldn't matter.

-CN

delivery.
purpose.

"Cihan Subasi \(Garanti Teknoloji\)" <CihanS at garanti.com.tr>
Sent by: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch
04/21/2009 02:19 AM

<mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>
cc

Subject
[mrtg] Trying to upgrade from 2.10 to 2.16.2

     Hi,

We are trying to  upgrde to 2.16.2 but I am getting the following 4
suggestings at the very  beginning and I have done 3 except the "c" in
order not to affect the running  2.10.11. What can you tell us about how
we can achieve to intall 2.16.2 on top  of 2.10.11 installation? something
is not liked from the previous installation  but what?

thank  you

#./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mrtg-216
--with-gd-inc=/export/home/mrtg-2.16.2/gd-1.8.4
checking for gcc...  gcc
checking  whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross  compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix  of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...  yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to  accept ISO C89... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc  -E
checking for a BSD-compatible  install... ./install-sh -c
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for  groff... no
checking for nroff... /usr/bin/nroff
checking for grep that  handles long lines and -e... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep
checking for egrep...  /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for  sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h...  yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking  for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for  stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h...  (cached) yes
checking for unsigned long long... yes
checking for long  long... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for printf long long  format specifier... %lld
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for  gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking  for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd...  no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
checking gd.h usability...  yes
checking gd.h presence... yes
checking for gd.h...  yes

** Ooops, one of  many bad things happened:

    a)  You don't have the GD library  installed.
       Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it  and
       use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and  --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
       its  location. You might also have to use  --with-z-inc,
              --with-z-lib and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for  gd
              versions 1.6 and higher.  Check config.log for  more
       information on the  problem.

    b)  You have the GD library installed, but not the  gd.h
       header file.  Download the  source (see above) and use
        --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify where the file can be found.

    c)  You have the library and the header file installed,  but
       you also have a shared GD library in  the same directory.
       Remove the shared  library files and/or links (e.g.
        libgd.so.2.0.0, libgd.so and libgd.so.2).  This is  especially
              likely if you're using a recent (post 1.8.4) version of  GD
       and didn't configure it with  --disable-shared.

    d)  You have gd library installed and also it's headers, but you  are
       missing libpng (and headers) or  freetype (and headers)
       (mrtg does not  use freetype, but if your copy of gd is precompiled
       against it, you have to  install it ...

    Consider following the instructions in  doc/mrtg-unix-guide.txt
 /export/home/mrtg-2.16.2

This message and attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
individual(s) stated in this
message. If you received this message although you are not the addressee,
you are responsible to keep the
message confidential. The sender has no responsibility for the accuracy or
correctness of the
information in the message and its attachments. Our company shall have no
liability for any changes
or late receiving, loss of integrity and confidentiality, viruses and any
damages caused in
anyway to your computer system.

Bu mesaj ve ekleri, mesajda gonderildigi belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozeldir
ve gizlidir. Bu mesajin muhatabi
olmamaniza ragmen tarafiniza ulasmis olmasi halinde mesaj iceriginin
gizliligi ve bu gizlilik yukumlulugune
uyulmasi zorunlulugu tarafiniz icin de soz konusudur. Mesaj ve eklerinde
yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu ve
guncelligi konusunda gonderenin ya da sirketimizin herhangi bir
sorumlulugu bulunmamaktadir. Sirketimiz
mesajin ve bilgilerinin size degisiklige ugrayarak veya gec ulasmasindan,
butunlugunun ve gizliliginin
korunamamasindan, virus icermesinden ve bilgisayar sisteminize
verebilecegi herhangi bir zarardan
sorumlu tutulamaz.