[mrtg] Using MRTG with RRDtool and Routers2 - 2nd Edition published

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 30 06:34:29 CEST 2009

The second edition of the books "Using MRTG with RRDtool and Routers2" and "MRTG and Routers2 Reference", have now been published.

This new version is 20 pages longer, and contains all the new directives available in Routers2 v2.20 as well as expanded sections on configuration, SELinux, problem determination, all the errata from the first edition, and more details on other existing commands.  However it remains the same price as the previous edition!

The "Using MRTG" book is available as hardcover and as paperback; the Reference is available as spiral-bound paperback and as an eBook (PDF).

You can obtain copies from: http://www.steveshipway.org/book/

Anyone who already has a copy of the first edition can contact me directly with details and I'll send them a completely free copy of the Reference eBook (please let me know when you bought a copy, or send a copy of your Lulu receipt, or a photo of you with the book, or some sort of evidence).  Other errata and addenda will be posted to the support forum for download.

Also, anyone who has supported the Routers2 project by sending a gift from the Wishlist is also eligible for a free copy of the Reference eBook.  If you'd like to claim your copy, let me know you name and which item you sent for verification.

I plan to release updated editions whenever new versions of Routers2 or MRTG are released, in order to cover any new directives.

Thankyou for your support,

Steve Shipway
steve at steveshipway.org