[mrtg] Using cfgmaker with template and multiple targets on NT

Mersberger, Robert robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
Thu Aug 27 17:40:55 CEST 2009

I have a c7000 blade server enclosure with 6 3020 switches that I would like to monitor with one config file.
I thought I read somewhere that this could be done using cfgmaker with multiple targets defined so I tried this with the following definitions
perl c:\mrtg-2.16.2\bin\cfgmaker  --host-template=cisco.htp --snmp-options=:::::1 --community=mybusy --ifref=name --show-op-down --global="Workdir: c:\Progra~1\RRDtool\rrd_data"  --global="PathAdd: c:\Progra~1\RRDtool"  --global="LogFormat: rrdtool" --global="routers.cgi*Options[_]: scaled" --global="Options[_]: bits,growright" --output="c:\mrtg_setup\configs\BLSWR5E3A1.cfg" BLSWR5E3A1 BLSWR5E3B2 BLSWR5e3A5 BLSWR5E3b6

This runs and builds a cfg file BLSWR5E3A1.cfg but it shows up in mrtg (using rrdtools and routers2.cgi) as BLSWR5E3b6 under devices.
All information is displayed and monitored but why is the device name wrong and how can I correct it.