[mrtg] make site-perl-install does... nothing?

Wed Dec 2 15:55:13 CET 2009

This message got no play on the RRDUsers DL so maybe I can get some feedback
from my fellow MRTG users since many of you use RRDTool as well and may have
encountered this. Or maybe I'm just not asking correctly.

I've upgraded to 1.4.2 on Ubuntu and had to do a lot of clean-up for the old
version's RRDs.pm that was scattered about (my fault if memory serves).
Anyway, when I try to do a make site-perl-install it does... something, but
doesn't seem to put anything into any of the perl paths. Of course MRTG
breaks because I don't have the addlib line.

I've since added the addlib line but I really do not want to have to do that
going forward. is there any way I can get the perl RRD modules in the right
spots? Just copying RRDs.pm doesn't do the trick as it then errors looking
for other libraries.

TIA,

Eric Brander