[mrtg] MIB query (re HP/Nortel Blade switches )...

Scott Ocken scott at infobunker.com
Mon Feb 2 16:37:01 CET 2009

For the Nortel 8600 switch you want to use --ifdesc=alias in cfgmaker.
Alias seems to work for most Nortel switches.  In the past I hacked in
an alias2 for the 4500 series, but after upgrading MRTG I lost that,
and I don't think it was needed after that anyway.

Hope that helps with the Nortel Switches.  Let me know if you have any
other Nortel switch issues as that is the only switch we use here.

Scott