[mrtg] router CPU Utilization with MRTG 2.15.2

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 13 04:45:05 CET 2009

> I'm a bit confused as to how to get CPU utilization graphs. I want to
> have the CPU utilization on the router.html file which I have created
> with indexmaker.
> My router.cfg file is graphing all the vlans fine.
>
> If I want to monitor CPU do I need to re-run the cfgmaker and
> indexmaker again on the router.cfg or do I need to add something to
> this file?

The easiest way to achieve this is to download the Cisco Host Template from
the cfgmaker templates library at http://www.steveshipway.org/forum/ and
then run cfgmaker as you would normally but with the additional parameter of
--host-template=cisco.htp (specify the name and location of the template
file you downloaded).  This will then add a CPU Target to the generated cfg
file.

The harder way is to edit the cfg file by hand to add a custom Target
definition pointing to the Cisco CPU use OID and specifying the necessary
labels and so on.

Steve