[mrtg] flattengraph.pl

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 14 23:17:27 CET 2009

> From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch]
> On Behalf Of Gregory Edigarov
> I've noticed back in 2002 there was some talks about peaks on graphs
> produced by mrtg, and a solution was proposed which was script called
> flattengraph.pl.
> that is what i believe i need, in order to solve similar problem.
> However,  I cannot find a live  link to the script.
> So if somebody could send it to me, or put it somewhere for download and
> send me a link I would really be grateful.

A script called 'killspike' used to exist in the RRDtool contrib. directory,
but it appears to have been superseded by 'removespikes' which does the same
job better.

Note that if you use the Routers2 frontend, you can click on the 'Rescale'
button below the graph to cycle through three alternative scaling methods
(based on avg, last and max) that usually take care of hiding spikes.

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/contrib/

Steve