[mrtg] internal and external not matching

Lee Todd ltodd2 at hallmark-uk.com
Tue Jan 20 16:46:41 CET 2009

Dan

Its showing 2.4 meg on the internal and the external peaks at 5.2meg in
but the line is only 4meg.  Only started doing this a few months ago.

Lee

             "McDonald, Dan"
             <Dan.McDonald at aus
             tinenergy.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>
             mrtg-bounces at list                                          cc
             s.oetiker.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [mrtg] internal and external
             20/01/2009 14:33          not matching

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 13:42 +0000, Lee Todd wrote:

> Morning all
>
> We have a cisco 3015 vpn concentrator and we have noticed the graphs have
> gone a bit strange.  As you can see the internal one is fine and all
looks
> good.  the external one is showing data upto 5.2meg.  This vpn is on a
4meg
> line so how is it doing this?  All other graphs on other kit (all cisco)
> are fine.  Any ideas

Unless I'm reading it wrong, there is more traffic from the inside than
your outside connection can handle.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy

(See attached file: signature.asc)

Registered Office: Bingley Road, Bradford, BD9 6SD
Registered in England no. 03414540

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including
any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the
contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.

Think of the environment; please don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to