[mrtg] keep getting cron warning mails even...

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Wed Jan 21 22:54:42 CET 2009

At 01:47 PM 1/21/2009, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>you are not talking to yourself but I don't understand your comment.what is
>the relevance with OS ? This is a Linux installation. Distro is CentOS 4.

The OS handles the ooutput of the cronjob - not mrtg.

Maybe someone else who uses CentOS can chime in, but some things to try:

Like I mentioned before, set up a cron job for every 10 minutes to do a
LS /  > /dev/null 2>&1
Does that get e-mailed?

Are you SURE it's that cronjob? Set up that same job every 10
minutes. Do you get an e-mail every 10 minutes?

Do you have other cron jobs that have output to /dev/null ? Do they
get e-mailed also?

Everything I'm seeing on CentOS says
 > /dev/null 2>&1
Works.