[mrtg] keep getting cron warning mails even...

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Jan 21 23:36:52 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 13:47 -0800, mrmrmrmr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you are not talking to yourself

nabble users sometimes fail to understand that this is a free-standing
mailing list....

> but I don't understand your comment.what is
> the relevance with OS ?

Because cron has little vagaries between distros, and bash more so....

> This is a Linux installation. Distro is CentOS 4.

If you really don't want mail messages, then add MAILTO="" at the top of
your crontab.

Or, port everything to a logfile:
[mcdonalddj at ldap ~]$ sudo cat /etc/cron.d/mrtg
*/5 * * * * mrtg /usr/local/bin/mrtg /var/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg --logging=mrtg.log

With the --logging directive, there is no output, except to the log
file.  I added mrtg.log to logrotate.d as well.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy