[mrtg] Combine 2 SNMP counter values into one under Windows

bmekler boris at meteorit.co.il
Fri Jul 24 11:14:44 CEST 2009

Here's the problem: I'm using MRTG to monitor a NetApp FAS2020 filer. The
Data OnTap OS only supports SNMP v1, which means that monitoring its gigabit
interfaces is highly inaccurate. However, it kinda-sorta avoids that issue
by splitting the counters into two parts - least significant 32 bits, and
most significant 32 bits. I'm running MRTG under Windows, using ActivePerl
(don't have any linux boxes to put it on, sorry). Is there any way I could
combine those two 32-bit counters and present them to MRTG as a single
64-bit counter?