[mrtg] Combine 2 SNMP counter values into one under Windows

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 25 03:09:33 CEST 2009

I've never heard of a device which works like this... however, try something like this:

Target[ezwf]: oidHighIn&oidHighOut:comm at device * 4294967296 + oidLowIn&oidLowOut:comm at device

this should be able to achieve what you're after?  It will effectivly do (oidHighIn<<32)|oidLowIn

Steve
From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of bmekler [boris at meteorit.co.il]

Here's the problem: I'm using MRTG to monitor a NetApp FAS2020 filer. The
Data OnTap OS only supports SNMP v1, which means that monitoring its gigabit
interfaces is highly inaccurate. However, it kinda-sorta avoids that issue
by splitting the counters into two parts - least significant 32 bits, and
most significant 32 bits. I'm running MRTG under Windows, using ActivePerl
(don't have any linux boxes to put it on, sorry). Is there any way I could
combine those two 32-bit counters and present them to MRTG as a single
64-bit counter?