[mrtg] Wrong Values

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 1 22:26:21 CET 2009

> routers2.cgi is very nice, especially if you enable the groups mode.  It
> takes a bit of getting used to, but it's very flexible and powerful ...
> without being horribly difficult to configure.
>
> The one downside to it is that the documentation isn't all that easy to
> read, and is kind of scattered.  The demo site is useful, although the
> formatting of the config file makes it very hard to pick out just the bits
> you are trying to understand.

Sorry about the lack of documentation.  I agree it is a bit scattered... the
book started off as an attempt to correct this, and got out of hand and
became a whole volume.

While the book does provide all the required documentation and more in a
more organised way, you do of course have to part with some money to obtain
it.  However since the Routers2 software comes free of charge, hopefully
this is not too much of a strain for the majority of organisations - and it
allows me to make something back for the many hours that went into
development.

I will try to make the documentation more user-friendly some time, maybe
move it all to HTML for a start to cure the 'scattered' issue.

Steve