[mrtg] ppp-trouble after upgrade (Debian lenny)

Michael Frotscher michael at frotscher.net
Tue Mar 3 12:35:14 CET 2009

Hello Steve,

> I guess not many people have ppp devices to monitor?

My guess is: anyone with a dialup line who wants to know how much traffic
they're using...

> I monitor the ppp0 on my home gateway machine.  I use this method:
>
> Target[localhost_ppp0]: \ppp0:public at localhost:

That is the syntax which used to work before that upgrade. With this, I now
get:

ERROR: Target[ppp0][_IN_] '\ppp0@:public at localhost:' (warn): Array found where
operator expected at (eval 16) line 1, at end of line

If I use that syntax with an eth-device, it works. So where might I need to
look, mrtg or snmpd?
--
Cheers,
Michael