[mrtg] Info off of a UPS

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Mar 4 01:10:53 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 11:41 -0600, Mike Murphy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are trying to get some information off of a building UPS system  I
> have the mibs and all but the graph does not show what we are looking
> for. we are trying to graph kilowats used any chance you can tell me
> what I ahve wrong here??

kilowatts are not a unit that can be accumulated.  kilowatt hours are.
If you use routers2.cgi and have the Total feature on, you will record
approximate kilowatt seconds.  It is only approximate because you are
only sampling once every 5 minutes, which is probably fine if your load
is fairly stable.  The conversion from kilowatt seconds to kilowatt
hours is left as an exercise for the reader.

If you want accurate, billable numbers, I would suggest you talk to a
meter vendor such as ION.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy