[mrtg] how can i get in/out bandwidth values from mrtg

nangineni praneeth nv_2030 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 19:17:30 CET 2009

i want to retrieve in/out bandwidth values and want to store, but from
where will i get those values?
you need to activate snmp on the device you want to retrieve in/out bandwidth........once you activate snmp on the device MRTG will automatically monitor the device and graph the traffic flowing in and out of the device........Refer to the MRTG documentation for further information

how can i call mrtg from my own application- what are the conditions.again you can go through the MRTG documentation for the format you need to specify in the config file when you are using your own perl script.......if you have any doubts with that you can post that question on the MRTG forum

Best regards  Venkat