[mrtg] Problem Configuring MRTG with RRDTool

Rusty Peterson srpeterson at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 01:48:25 CET 2009

I am running MRTG 2.16.2 on Windows XP configured as a Web Server. I am
having difficulties running RRDTool. When I add the LogFormat: rrdtool
command MRTG appears to stop. The graphs I am accustomed to seeing stop
generating, yet I do not see any .rrd. I installed rrdtool-1.2.30.

At this time, my config looks like this:

--global "WorkDir: d:\www\mrtg" --output mrtg.cfg

WorkDir: d:\www\mrtg

LogFormat: rrdtool

PathAdd: D:\RRDTool\rrdtool-1.2.30-win32-perl510\rrdtool-1.2.30\bin

LibAdd: D:\RRDTool\rrdtool-1.2.30-win32-perl510\rrdtool-1.2.30\bin\lib\perl

Have I configured this wrong?

I do need to see the graphs as a part of daily monitoring, but I also need
to be able to have a log to access for longer periods of time such as 1 to 3
months.

Thanks for any help that can be provided