[mrtg] Windows Installation: RTT

Troy Anderson anderson.troyd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 02:12:17 CET 2009

Hi, my company has been running an older version of MRTG on Linux for quite
sometime, however i'm looking to move it to Windows.

We use MRTG to measure line utilization and response time for each of our
remote sites.

Below is the configuration we use for RTT... i dont see ping probe in the
Windows installation, can someone help with how i should configure this on
Windows?

Thanks!

Title[SITENAME.ping]:Response Time from Remote Site
PageTop[SITENAME.ping]:<H1>Round Trip Time</H1>
MaxBytes[SITENAME.ping]:50
AbsMax[SITENAME.ping]: 1000
Options[SITENAME.ping]: gauge
Target[SITENAME.ping]: `/usr/local/bin/mrtg-ping-probe -t 42 192.168.81.1`
YLegend[SITENAME.ping]: round trip time
ShortLegend[SITENAME.ping]: ms
Legend1[SITENAME.ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend2[SITENAME.ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend3[SITENAME.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms
Legend4[SITENAME.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms
LegendI[SITENAME.ping]: &nbsp;Max:
LegendO[SITENAME.ping]: &nbsp;Min:
WithPeak[SITENAME.ping]: ymwd