[mrtg] Cfgmaker script for tracking Cisco QoS bit-rates and drop-rates

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Sat Nov 28 02:43:07 CET 2009

In an effort to track voice, video, etc., queue utilization & drop
rates, I recently put together a cfgmaker-ish script that interrogates
cisco routers and builds per-queue, per-interface targets. I think it's
kinda handy so I'm sending a link to the list.

The explicit link is: http://mrtg.gvolk.com/cbqos-cfgmaker.zip

The readme included with the script is as follows:

###
### cbqos-cfgmaker.pl - A perl script that interrogates cisco routers
### and generates per-queue, per-interface bit rate and drop-rate
### MRTG targets.
### Greg Volk 20091127
###
### This program was based off of OIDs found in the following cisco
### mib files:
### CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB
### CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-CAPABILITY
###
### The invocation syntax is ./cbqos_cfgmaker.pl <community>@<device> >
<filename>
###                          ./cbqos_cfgmaker.pl public at router >
router.cfg
###
### This template is licensed under the GNU GPL. For more information,
please
### see http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.
###
### Newer/older/different versions might be available at
### http://mrtg.gvolk.com/ or more specifically
### http://mrtg.gvolk.com/cbqos-cfgmaker.zip.
###
###
### If you get an error like...
###	Can't locate SNMP_util.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/mrtg/usr/lib/mrtg2
###	/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i486-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7
###	/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i486-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7
###	/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./cbqos-cfgmaker.pl line 28.
###	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./cbqos-cfgmaker.pl line
28.
### ...then you will need to set the location of your SNMP_util.pm on
line 27
### where it says 'use lib "/opt/mrtg/usr/lib/mrtg2";'. Find your
SNMP_util.pm
### and change the dir.
###

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure