[mrtg] Windows Server MRTG Problems

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Oct 6 23:36:29 CEST 2009

> Is this better than the "host template for windows"

The generic template is a combination of the Windows template, UCD template, generic UNIX template, and Cisco template.  It probes to identify what sort of server we're dealing with; by using this, you can have one host template for all your devices, which should be easier for all.

> While on the subject: Is there a template for Cisco to do temperature that
> will show both in and out.  This is something I want to do on a Cisco ASR
> router.  By the way this router has several like 8 different temperature
> probes .

Maybe not yet... but if you take the existing cisco template and modify it to graph multiple temperature sources onto one graph then you can submit the updated template...?

One problem I've had with Cisco temperatures is that they are TOO detailed.  There were a large number of different sensors in many different locations... I wrote a separate plugin that just takes every temperature reading it can find on a device and grabs the highest value, then outputs that.

Steve