[mrtg] Exact vs rounded values

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 7 22:47:33 CEST 2009

> We have numerous graphs of MRTG data and above values of roughly 800 or
> so, the values displayed on the graphs begin to get rounded to 1K, 2K,
> and so on.
>
> I've been asked to research a way to get the graphs to show the exact
> number last polled.
>
> Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Are you using MRTG in native mode, or with RRDTool - and if RRD mode, then which frontend are you using?

Whichever you use, normally you'll only get at most 3 or 4 significant figures shown; you could add the appropriate options to prevent the 'k' etc suffixes which should give you exact figures but how to do this depends on which frontend you use or which mode MRTG runs in.  Also if the numbers are too big it can cause layout issues, particularly with RRD 1.0.x or even RRD 1.2.x

Steve