[mrtg] Auto-Discovering IPs of Switch Ports

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Oct 20 20:40:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 11:57 -0400, Jonathan Mast wrote:

> So my question is, can MRTG auto-discover the IP of the connected
> devices on the switches ports?

No, look for "cammer", which might work.  I've hacked up my copy of
cammer beyond recognition so that it mostly works for me, with snmpv3
and weirdness and databases, but that's the appropriate tool to
correlate cam tables and arp tables.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com