[mrtg] how to echo system.sysDescr.0 in the output html

veer nagelkruid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:48:44 CEST 2009

S Shipway wrote:

>> I want to echo the current value for system.sysDescr.0 into the html
>> output
>> file but cannot get it to work.
>> In fact i don't know how to get it done :)
>
> You could set up code to extract this value and put it into the PageTop or
> PageFoot and put this into a host template that you use with cfgmaker when
> you create the .cfg file for MRTG.
>
> There's no way to get it to be polled and output in addition to the data.

I'll be happy to echo something into the PageTop, will serve my needs for
now.
Could you elaborate on what code i would need to put where to accomplish
that?

I have tried various stuff including calling scripts from the PageTop
directly, but it will just echo whatever i put in there. I can only imagine
i need to put a var in there, but how do i get it to be read by the host
template?

Thanks for your input,

Jeroen