[mrtg] Advice

AHMED MOKHTAR amokhtar at eventumsolutions.com
Thu Oct 29 13:55:22 CET 2009

Hello,

I am using MRTG version 2.16 to collect data from a Cisco Catalyst
Switch 3560. The output files are named IPAddress_InterfaceNumber.log

I am trying to have MRTG write to change the output file name to
IPAddress_InterfaceName.log or IPAddress_InterfaceAddress.log

I used "cfgmaker" command with options set to ifref=ip and ifref=descr
but that did not work. Can I change the naming convention mid-stream
or do I have to re-install?

I also have a second question, if I want to add 40 devices or so, is
there a script out there that I can use instead of issuing the command
one-by-one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best
Ahmed